Optometrist – Knoxville, TN
Vision Precision Holdings is one of the fastest growing optical retailers with over 50 retail locations throughout the US with plans to open 15 additional locations over the next year. At Vision Precision Holdings, we offer the latest styles of eyeglasses for men, women, and children at the lowest cost. Our customers receive fast and customized services on all prescription eyeglasses orders. Our goal is to make sure the customer is fully satisfied each and every time they step through our doors, a job we take very seriously.
The ideal candidate for Vision Precision Holdings possesses a strong work ethic, high energy, great personality, motivation, professional chair-side manner, and a can-do attitude to deliver exceptional customer service to our patients. Vision Precision Holdings is ideal for an optometrist seeking a strategic, forward-thinking, and stable company in a fast-paced environment.
Vision Precision Holdings offers tremendous career growth, state-of-the-art electronic medical records, strong OD Tech Support, convenient on-site full-service labs, and a competitive guaranteed daily compensation. Other benefits include flexible schedules including full time, part time, and fill-in opportunities all while providing a true work-life balance with no late night hours required.
- Performs examinations of the internal and external structure of the eyes and eye health; testing patient’s visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes; administering medication to aid in diagnosing diseases and disorders.
- Develops treatment plans by analyzing test results; establishing diagnoses, such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal disorders; systemic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes; and vision conditions including nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- Treats patients by explaining condition and treatment options; prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses; providing vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation; prescribing and administering medications; providing pre- and post-operative care for cataracts, laser vision correction, and other eye surgeries.
- Treats special problems by referring patients to specialists.
- Documents patient care by charting patient condition and treatment in records.
- Maintains safe, clean, and healthy working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Develops staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from a college or university recognized by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education or the American Optometric Association.
- Eligibility to be licensed in the United States by having passed Parts I, II and III of the National Board Exam.