Top 5 Reasons to get an Eye Exam
- Visual Acuity
- Just like other parts of your body start to change as you age, your eyes begin to deteriorate as well. Checking your vision on a regular basis ensures that your visual acuity is the best it can be. An eye exam can help control the headaches and fatigue caused by having the wrong prescription, and can also help detect computer vision syndrome.
- Eye Diseases
- Many of the serious eye conditions that can cause blindness are known to not show any symptoms. These conditions are known to develop gradually and you may not realize that your vision has changed. The diseases that can be diagnosed with an eye exam are glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal detachment. Most of these eye diseases can only be diagnosed by an eye doctor, during an eye exam.
- Medical Conditions
- They weren’t lying when they said that the eyes were the windows to the soul. They are also the window to your overall health. Your eyes can help detect systemic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
- Developmental Problems
- Our eyes expose us to the world we live in and contribute to our learning. Making sure that your eyes are in optimal health is crucial to having a lifetime of vision and sight. When it comes to children, uncorrected vision can cause “lazy eye” or “eye turn,” which can lead to permanent vision loss if left untreated.
- Healthy Vision and Stylish Eyewear
- The main reason for visiting your eye doctor should be for your eye health, but it could also be for the fashionable eyewear you can buy at Stanton Optical. Our stores house more than 3,000 designer eyeglass frames. Our frame specialists will help you find the perfect pair!
If it’s been some time since your last eye exam, stop by a Stanton Optical location near you and schedule your FREE eye exam!