Founded in 2006, Stanton Optical is rapidly becoming one of the fastest growing optical retailers! With over 40 retail stores across the country, Stanton Optical offers tremendous career opportunities for our talented team members. Our growth strategy includes plans to open 10 to 15 new stores each year. This growth combined with our commitment to provide our patients with affordable quality eye care are the reasons Stanton Optical is quickly becoming one of the nation’s leading optical retailers.
The HR Training and Development Manager reports to the Director of Human Resources. The position is responsible for creating and managing training standards, expectations and measurements that build employee competencies and an environment of continuous learning. Develops and implements new and existing training programs which consistently meet the immediate and long term strategies that align with the organizational vision and core values. Additionally, the HR Training Manager works in collaboration with the Support Center and Field Leadership team to ensure organizational training and development strategies, structure and processes are consistent with evolving needs of the business.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate learning objectives and instructional strategies; including developing the best methodologies for training delivery (i.e. web-based, classroom, etc.).
- Designs and Develops effective training programs, aids and materials utilizing knowledge of methods in classroom training, e-learning, on-the-job training, and self-study.
- Evaluates training and obtains feedback on adequacy of training programs – creates and monitors employee satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Administers and manages compliance of the training initiatives and LMS system (Torch)
- Vendor contract management (Torch)
- Provide oversight on the mandated compliance training programs to ensure that the programs are developed in coordination with established standards and are properly tracked within the learning management system.
- Consult with senior leaders to assess their department current and future training needs analysis.
- Design and implement effective training programs. Provide guidance regarding training and development practices, policies, and procedures to department leaders. Provide team building initiatives and support.
- Facilitates the talent development and succession planning process ( for example 9 box)
- Ensure on-going research and development initiatives to ensure company programs meet or exceed industry training standards and delivery innovations.
- Manages training budget including ROI of programs in meeting or exceeding standards.
- Measures, documents and reports on key performance indicators of learning initiatives.
- Partner with HR team to support general HR projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have and be able to effectively demonstrate the following required skills and abilities.
- Adeptness at online delivery of training through the learning management system.
- Must display superior verbal, written, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Working knowledge of current and emerging training tools and learning aids.
- Ability to plan and organize accordingly in a fast-paced environment while still ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Flexibility with a willingness to handle a variety of projects at the same time
- Demonstrated creativity and analytical ability.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group.
- Self-directed and strong ability to prioritize effectively.
- Highly disciplined and organized with a strong attention to detail.